Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Oh, How Much I Have Missed You!

With torrential downpours on Monday and temperatures in the 50's we finally lost a lot of our snow.  I have found that running the roads for so many months now is tiring my mind and my body.  Looking at cracks in the pavement, frost heaves, oncoming traffic and an occasional squashed animal just wasn't producing the drive I needed to more forward with my training.  I needed a change, I needed something fun and uplifting, in other words I needed trails.

Despite being sick I decided it was time to check out the trial conditions.  The attempt would entail deep mud, running water and post holing in snow at the higher elevations, but nevertheless well worth it.  Doing this would also give me an opportunity to check out the overall trail conditions to see what major work would need to be done this spring.  When all was said and done the wet feet, legs caked in mud and dirty clothes were all well worth the moments were I actually felt like a trail runner again.  I was worried that my legs wouldn't stutter step, leap, and brace me on the steep downhills, but I guess it is like riding a bike you just never forget and everything just takes over.

This is my first attempt with Geo's GoPro so I am not a trained professional yet.

7 comments:

  1. Good times, mud so beats pavement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun looking run. T'is the season of mud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aliza, I love the blog and the video is really cool. You're inspiring me to get out there and relive my cross country days at the old Tilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool video! Can't wait to get out on the trails. I'm so tired of the pavement too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, Aliza! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I made that bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it & love that song.

    ReplyDelete